Saturday, August 21, 2010

My journey so far... and a lil bit more..

This part of my blog will now change from Learning with Technology to Graphic Design 1.2. I’ve decided that my blog will go through my learning with me, changing from each unit as I go through them. So I will always have a record of my years at uni. =] The main focus for my GD class revolves around the Emissions Trading Scheme or better known as the ETS. The ETS is a concept that the Government wants to put into ACTION, so that it can reduce greenhouse gases and they feel with the concept of ETS, they can do this by putting a price on carbon. By putting a price on carbon and limiting how much greenhouse gases are admitted into the atmosphere, they can reduce the changes that the gases have on the world, the biggest affect they have is the changing the world’s climate. The ETS is a fairly simple idea, businesses and companies have the opportunity to buy carbon cards and this card allows you to emit a certain amount of carbon into the atmosphere. There is only a certain amount of carbon cards, so once they have all been bought, they can only be traded and bought out between companies and anyone else who wants to own one. By placing the ETS into play we can reduce not only the amount of damage the carbon and other gases are doing, but we can help stop the severity of climate change around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment